The Montana English Journal (MEJ) is the annual publication of the Montana Association of Teachers of English Language Arts (MATELA), an affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). The editors welcome articles of interest to their primary audience--teachers of English K-16 in the state of Montana.
Please consider submitting your original work, including:
- RESEARCH ARTICLES: These articles disseminate original research findings relevant to English education.
- CURRICULUM DESIGN ARTICLES: This strand provides an outlet for classroom teachers and teacher educators to share curriculum units.
- PRACTICAL TEACHING IDEA ARTICLES: This strand allows for English teachers and teacher educators to share teaching ideas and strategies that have worked for students in their classrooms.
- REVIEW ESSAYS: Review essays can focus on one or more texts. Reviews can evaluate pedagogical books, research studies, YA fiction, children’s literature, poetry, or any other work relevant to the field of English education.
- TEACHER AS ARTIST: The Montana English Journal editorial team also invites you to share your perspectives on English education through submissions of original prose, poetry, art, and photography.
- PRESERVICE TEACHER SUBMISSIONS: Preservice teachers represent the future of our field, and we believe that our readership can learn from the voices and perspectives of those people preparing to enter the teaching profession.
See the Aims and Scope for a complete coverage of the journal.
Current Volume: Volume 42 (2020)
Progressive Portfolios: A Yearlong Process of Research, Reflection, and Revision
Dana Haring and Tom Kelner
Shifting The Teacher Mindset: What Counts as "Real Reading"
Sarah E. Pennington
Creating Strategies: Designing Lessons for the Elementary Classroom
Elizabeth A. Morphis