The Montana English Journal (MEJ) is the annual publication of the Montana Association of Teachers of English Language Arts (MATELA), an affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). The editors welcome articles of interest to the primary audience—teachers of English K-16 in Montana. Your submission should be an original work that has not been published elsewhere or is not under review at an alternative publication venue.
Deadline for Manuscript Submission: June 01, 2021
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
- Do not include a title page, abstract, or page numbers in your manuscript.
- Submit your file as a single Word document, pdf or rtf. Any figures, tables, or images should be included within the manuscript.
- Documents should be double-spaced with one-inch margins.
- Manuscripts should be typed using size 12 Times New Roman font. Please bold all headings and subheadings but do not change the size or font.
- Manuscripts should cite sources accurately according to APA guidelines and include a References page.
- Your article will undergo peer review. Therefore, please mask the manuscript so that there is no reference to or identifying information about the author. Manuscripts can be unmasked after the article has been accepted for publication. Please also remove author information from any Word files (File > Properties > Summary > Author).
- Name, address, school or institutional affiliation, telephone number, email address
- A typed abstract for your article (100-word limit)
- 3-5 keywords that will help readers search for your article
- Your manuscript in Word, RTF, or PDF file
Submitting Your Manuscript
Please have the following information ready:
Peer Review Process
After submission to the ScholarWorks system, you will receive an email notification that your Montana English Journal submission has been received.
The Editor reviews each manuscript before deciding whether or not to send the manuscript out for peer review. The reviewers will provide feedback on each article and make one of the following recommendations: (1) Accept, (2) Accept with minor revisions, (3) Accept with major revisions, or (4) Reject.
When authors receive their manuscripts, they will have 14 days to revise and resubmit the manuscript (if applicable). Unless the recommendation was to accept the manuscript for publication, resubmitted works are not guaranteed to publish.
Following publication and related uses by MATELA, all rights of reproduction, publication and all other rights under the US copyright law revert to the original author/artist.