Gathering Wisdom: Building on 40 Years of Public Land Discourse
The Public Land & Resources Law Review is excited to announce its 40th Public Land Law Conference! In the Conference’s 40 years, much has been accomplished in the field of natural resources management on both our public lands and in Indian Country. As with all things, there is still much learning to be done as we face ongoing challenges alongside ones we had not envisioned four decades ago. This conference gathers the bright minds of the field, both seasoned visionaries who presented in past conference years and those approaching this discourse with fresh eyes, to engage in a history-grounded discussion of what we have learned and how we should apply that wisdom to the complex future of public and tribal lands.
Thursday, October 26 will feature an opening keynote address by John Leshy, Emeritus Professor of Law at UC Law, San Francisco.
Friday, October 27, features a morning address by Nada Culver, Principal Deputy Director of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, and a noon address by Devlan Geddes, Partner of Goetz, Geddes & Gardner P.C.
The general public may attend for free after completing registration, with the option to purchase lunch for $23.
$148.75 for lawyers subscribed to the Public Land Law Review Journal.
$200 for lawyers seeking CLE
6.5 CLE credits
Browse the contents of Public Land Law Conference:
- 38th Public Land Law Conference: October 3-4, 2019
- The Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana’s Public Land & Resources Law Review will be hosting its 38th Biennial Public Land Law Conference Partnership with the University of Calgary Law School. Carved by Glaciers: Stewardship Across the Northern Rockies, will be held in beautiful Missoula, Montana, October 3-4, 2019.
- 37th Public Land Law Conference: October 12-13, 2017
- The Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana’s Public Land & Resources Law Review will be hosting its 37th Biennial Public Land Law Conference during a changing federal administration. Bridging Divides: Energy, Environment, and Empowerment in a New Era, will be held in beautiful Missoula, Montana, October 12-13, 2017. Our keynote speaker is U.S. Department of Interior Deputy Solicitor, Daniel Jorjani.
Video Recording of the 37th Public Land Law Conference
- 36th Public Land Law Conference: October 1st & 2nd, 2015
- The Editors and Staff of the University of Montana’s Public Land and Resources Law Review are pleased to announce the 36th Annual Public Land Law Conference, Transcending Boundaries: Achieving Success in Cooperative Management of Natural Resources. The conference will be held Thursday, October 1st and Friday, October 2nd, 2015 at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- 35th Public Land Law Conference: April 17th & 18th, 2013
- The Public Land & Resources Law Review and the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources are pleased to host the 35th Public Land Law Symposium and 41st National Spring Conference on the Environment: Balancing Act & Paradigm Shift: The Role of Public Lands in America’s Energy Future.